Notes for leaders
BEFORE THE WALK
- Provide an accurate description of the walk, taking into account
the intended walkers’ abilities (see notes on pace below}.
- Pre-walk the route if possible taking note of any potential difficulties
and morning tea and lunch spots. If you wish to do a recce for a walk,
you will be covered by Bush Club insurance if you notify the Walks
Secretary by email beforehand and have a total of at least 2 Bush
Club members on the walk.
- Try and have an alternate plan in case of unforeseen circumstances.
e.g. flash flooding, track erosion, transport changes etc.
- Choose areas and walk levels that are within your capabilities
as a leader.
- Leave comprehensive details of the walk with a reliable person including
instructions on what to do if you do not return at the expected time.
- A few days prior to walk check transport details, expected weather
conditions and in summer, fire conditions, park closures etc. All
day walks must be held unless conditions are unsafe.
Click here to download complete Notes for Leaders as a pdf.
Top of page
Design by Berger Bits & Bytes Services